These Ideal Vacuum Cube Packages are complete with 6x6x6 inch Vacuum Cube, an Agilent IDP-3 dry scroll vacuum pump, Granville Phillips 475 Convectron Pressure Gauge, & Fittings. The IDP-3 has a base pressure of 250 mTorr and a pumping speed of 2.1 cfm. The included Granville-Phillips MKS 475 Conventron gauge controller and 275 Convectron gauge sensor can measure pressure from atmosphere down to 1x10-4 Torr. This Vacuum Cube package also includes a vent valve for admittance of atmospheric air into the vacuum chamber, a metal bellows roughing hose & hardware needed to connect the IDP-3 scroll pump to the vacuum chamber, three plates ported for KF-25, and three standard blank plates. Our Vacuum Cubes are made from lightweight 6061-T6 alloy aluminum with Viton o-ring seals, have a low ultimate base vacuum pressure of 10-8 Torr, and include the following items:
Ideal Vacuum Cube 6x6x6 Components
Also Includes Roughing Line Accessories
- Qty 1 each, P106861, 6x6x6 Vacuum Cube Frame, lightweight 6061-T6 aluminum alloy
- Qty 3 each, P106862, 6x6 Vacuum Cube Plate, Blank
- Qty 3 each, P106865, 6x6 Vacuum Cube Plate With NW-25 Port
- Qty 1 each, P107293, Hardware Kit for Ideal Vacuum Cube 6x6 Plates, O-rings and Bolts
- Qty 3 each, P101243, Centering Ring KF-25 Vacuum Fittings, NW-25, Stainless Steel & Viton O-ring
- Qty 3 each, P104599, Bulkhead Clamp, Flange KF-25 Vacuum Fittings, NW-25, Aluminum
- Qty 1 each, P107297, Rubber Foot Kit for Ideal Vacuum Cubes
Also Includes IDP-3 Dry Scroll Rouging Pump and Pressure Gauges
- Qty 2 each, P101227, Reducer Conical KF-16 to KF-25 Vacuum Fitting
- Qty 1 each, P103703, Bellows Hose Metal KF-16, 40 Inch, Thin Wall Tubing
- Qty 2 each, P101242, Centering Ring KF-16 Vacuum Fittings, Viton
- Qty 3 each, P102581, Quick Clamp with Ratchet Closure, KF16 NW-16
- Qty 1 each, P101246, Centering Ring Adaptive KF10 to KF16 Vacuum Fittings
- Qty 1 each, P103899, Air Admittance Vent Valve, KF10 NW10
- Qty 1 each, P103089, NEW Agilent Varian IDP-3 Dry Oil-Free Scroll Vacuum Pump NEW IDP3B01, 115 VAC
- Qty 1 each, P103969, Granville Phillips 475 Convectron Vacuum Pressure Gauge Controller, no set points, 475001-00-T
- Qty 1 each, P104111, Granville Phillips 475 Convectron Gauge Controller Signal Cable 3m (10 ft.) 475012-10
- Qty 1 each, P104112, Granville Phillips 475 Convectron Gauge Controller Power Supply AC Adapter 110-120 VAC, 475008-1
- Qty 1 each, P102579, Granville Phillips 275 Convectron Gauge Vacuum Pressure Measurement Sensor, NW KF 25 275196
Ideal Vacuum Cube Introduction
Our Ideal Vacuum Cube is a modular high-vacuum chamber system, conceived to enable creativity and design flexibility in vacuum chamber construction. Cubes can be stacked together into various shapes and configurations, with interchangeable plates offering a variety of features for connections, windows, and feedthroughs. Plates include 1/4"-20 mounting threads on a standard 1" optical pattern for easy connection of hinges, posts, mounts, lenses, polarizers, and other accessories.
Durability and Versatility
The large inner dimensions and open design of Ideal Vacuum Cubes makes them perfect for many vacuum chamber applications and experiments. Vacuum Cubes are constructed of lightweight 6061-T6 aluminum alloy, allowing them to be easily transported around the lab and mounted on optical tables (unlike heavy stainless steel vacuum chambers). A patent-pending seal protective design, stainless steel thread inserts, and powder-coated plates help make the Vacuum Cube a durable tool for even the most demanding use.
Patent-Pending Chamber System
Our Ideal Vacuum Cubes have a patent pending design which features our Taper-Seal technology. Unlike vacuum flange designs like Conflat CF, KF/NW, or ISO-LF (large flange) which can be easily damaged when set on work surfaces, our Taper-Seal design protects critical sealing edges and o-rings from contact which can cause damage or contamination.
Innovative Chamber Building Blocks
Ideal Vacuum Cubes can easily be stacked together to build a complex, yet lightweight vacuum system (see graphic below). The outer edges of each vacuum cube feature hardware mounting sockets for easy cube-to-cube connections. A cube coupling kit includes the hardware needed to connect two cubes together. This allows scientists to creatively construct long or odd-shaped vacuum systems in a laboratory.
Configurable Plates and Accessories
The Vacuum Cube can be configured with a wide variety of plates and windows with many options. A Vacuum Cube can be fitted for electrical power, communications, thermocouple temperature measurements, optical lasers light or imaging detectors, gas, or fluid flow for heat/cooling recirculation lines. Compatible standard flange styles include KF-16, KF-25, KF-40, KF-50, ISO-63, CF 2.75", CF 3.375", and CF 4.5". Viewing windows are also available, and custom plates can be manufactured on request. An optional hinge kit can be ordered to convert any plate into an operable door.
Applications for Ideal Vacuum Cubes
Our Ideal Vacuum Cubes are designed to implement well into optics laboratories for quick installation in laser research applications. The graphic below depicts an example laser spectroscopy laboratory setup using a 6x6x18 inch Ideal Vacuum Cube chamber. The modular design of our Ideal Vacuum Cubes make them suitable for many vacuum chamber applications:
Vacuum Cube Pumping Performance
- Vacuum Ultraviolet (VUV) Devices and Experiments
- Thermal Vacuum Testing
- Altitude Testing
- Vacuum Degassing Chamber
- High Power and Ultra Short Pulsed Lasers Research and Development
- Ion Acceleration
- RGA (Residual Gas Analyzers)
- Helium Leak Testing of Hermetic Sealed Devices With Welded In Helium Atmosphere
- Leak Detection Of Pharma Packaging
- Molecular Ion Trap
- Cryostat Vacuum Chamber
The pump down curves for several Ideal Vacuum Cube configurations are shown in the graphs below. A single 6x6x6 inch Cube can be pumped from atmosphere to 1x10-5
Torr in 2.5 minutes and below 1x10-6
Torr in around 15 minutes.
(view curves graphic 1
This was accomplished using a 68 liters/second turbomolecular pump backed by a 110 liters/minute (3.3 cfm) dry scroll vacuum pump.
We have also provided roughing pump down curves for popular Agilent Varian IDP-3 and SH-110 dry scroll pumps. The 6x6x6 Cube reaches base pressure of 300 mTorr for the IDP-3 (2.1 cfm) in less than 1 minute of pumping, and 50 mTorr for Agilent Varian SH-110 (3.3 cfm) in around 2 minutes.
(view curves graphic 2
On special request we can offer fully anodized plates to help with absorption of scattered light in laser research and optical applications. Anodized components do not pump down as fast as bare aluminum metal surfaces.
(view curves graphic 3
A single 6x6x6 with anodized plates required 1 hour of pumping to reach 1x10-5