These new Pfeiffer DUO 65CXP Explosion Proof, Dual Stage Rotary Vane Vacuum Pumps include an explosion proof motor and are specially designed and manufactured to meet the demanding requirements for pumping corrosive or aggressive gases in the chemical industry and in R&D applications. These DUO 65CXP pumps run on F5 PFPE oil only
which offers superior resistance to harsh chemicals and oxidizing agents. These Pfeiffer DUO 65CXP PFPE prepared rotary vane vacuum pumps are commonly used for applications such as backing turbomolecular pumps, backing diffusion pumps, backing roots pumps, regenerating cryo pumps, rotary evaporation, refrigeration system evacuation, epoxy degassing, vacuum sterilization, backing mass spectrometers, freeze drying, vacuum centrifugal applications, vacuum distillation, space research, and other vacuum processes.
Thanks to a very simple and highly reliable design, the Pfeiffer DUO 65CXP Dual Stage rotary vane vacuum pump provides great performance with high pumping stability. The DUO 65CXP PFPE explosion proof, corrosive duty rotary vane vacuum pump has a high pumping speed of 41 CFM, can achieve an ultimate pressure of 3.37 x 10-3
and has DN 40 ISO-KF inlet and exhaust connections. The DUO 65CXP pump requires 230/460/190/380VAC 60Hz input power and comes with a 1 year manufacture warranty.
These Pfeiffer DUO 65CXP vacuum pumps can be fitted with a variety of optional accessories. These include Oil Mist Filters and Traps. DUO 65CXP vacuum pumps are new, typically stocked in inventory, and ship with manufacturers 1-year factory warranty. Parts, oil, and all optional accessories for these pumps are located for easy purchase on this website. The complete operating and instructions manual can be downloaded in PDF format below.
Explosion Proof Motor Specifications (XP Class, Group, & Division)
Typical Customer Applications That Are In Class I Environments
(Flammable Gases & Vapors) Include:
- Class I, Group D
- Class II, Group F & G
- Division I
Typical Customer Applications That Are In Class II Environments
(Combustible Dust) Include:
- Spray painting and finishing areas
- Utility gas plants
- Petroleum refining plants
- Petroleum dispensing locations
- Dry cleaning facilities
- Dip tanks containing combustible or flammable fluids
- Plant facilities extracting solvents
- Inhalation anesthetic areas
- Process facilities manufacturing or using nitro-cellulose (class II as well).
- Aircraft hangars and fuel servicing areas.
- Gas stations.
- Flour mills.
- Feed mills.
- Grain elevators and grain handling facilities.
- Fire work plants and storage areas.
- Aluminum manufacturing and storage areas.
- Magnesium manufacturing and storage areas.
- Coal preparation and handling facilities.
- Starch manufacturing and storage areas.
- Confectionary plants.
- Pulverized sugar and cocoa manufacturing plants. Packaging and
- Spice grinding and storage plants.
These explosion proof XP rotary vane vacuum pumps include an electrically sealed explosion proof motor. These explosion-proof motors are designed to limit the chance that a spark from inside the motor could travel outward to ignite air born flammable vapors or materials in the laboratory where the pump is operating. Explosion proof vacuum pumps are typically needed in applications where flammable materials may accidentally leak into the room air where these pumps are used. Explosion Proof vacuum pumps are NOT
designed to evacuate vapors and gas mixtures which are explosive if ignited.
When the vacuum pump is used to pump flammable gases you must keep a closed air tight system by:
- Not opening the gas ballast, opening the gas ballast could cause air (O2) to enter the pump.
- Ensuring the foreline inlet and exhaust outlet are leak tight to avoid flammable gas leakage into the atmosphere or air (O2) from entering the pump housing.
- Using only an inert gas like Nitrogen (N2) at the gas ballast to purge or dilute harmful gases being pumped.