Ideal Vacuum XactGauge XGC-320 Convection-Enhanced Pirani Gauge Controller, 2 Setpoints
Includes: XactGauge Controller Only.
- Inexpensive solution for Pirani type thermal conductivity gauges
- Convection-Enhanced Pirani sensor gauges available in 8 different flange sizes
- Accurate pressure measurements from 1x10-4 to 1000 Torr
- Compact 1/8-DIN package fits on bench or in instrument panel cutout
- Bright, easy to read, 4 digit OLED display
- Intuitive front panel controls for calibration and parameter adjustments
- Switch between Torr, mBar and Pa units quickly
- Serial RS232/RS485 DB9 I/O interface for remote control
- 2 set points
- 4 analog outputs
- Compatible with Granville-Phillips® 275 Convectron® and Inficon PGE050 Pirani Gauge Enhanced sensors and cables.
The Ideal Vacuum XactGauge XGC-320 Convection Enhanced Pirani Gauge Controller is an inexpensive solution for simple readout of Pirani type thermal conductivity gauges with added features for ease of use and system integration. Use with any of our eight (8) XactGauge XGc-321 Enhanced Pirani Sensor Gauges to obtain accurate pressure measurements ranging from 1x10-4 to 1000 Torr.
Our XactGauge XGC-320 Controller, conveniently housed in a compact 1/8-DIN enclosure, can be used on your benchtop or mounted in an instrument panel cutout. The bright, OLED 4 digit display is easy to read. Intuitive front panel controls allow direct gauge calibration and simple adjustment of vacuum measurement parameters.
The XactGauge XGC-320 Convection-Enhanced Pirani Gauge Controller is powered by user supplied 12 to 28 VDC, 2 W, or by our XactGauge Controller power supply.
The XGC-320 Controller has a serial RS232/RS485 (DB-9) remote I/O interface, two (2) setpoints, and four (4) analog relay outputs, each rated at 1 A at 30 VDC.
This XGC-320 Controller is compatible with other manufacturer’s Pirani type gauges and cables, including the Granville-Phillips® 275 Convectron® and the Inficon PGE050 Pirani Gauge Enhanced.
Thermal conductivity gauges measure pressure indirectly by sensing the loss of heat from a sensor to the surrounding gas. The higher the pressure of the gas, the more heat is conducted away from the sensor. Pirani thermal conductivity gauges maintain a sensor (usually a wire) at a constant temperature and measure the current or power required to maintain that temperature. A standard Pirani gauge has a useful measuring range of about 10-4 Torr to 10 Torr. Convection-enhanced Pirani gauges take advantage of the convection current inside the sensor to extend the pressure measurement range to just above atmosphere.
The XactGauge XGC-320 is supplied factory calibrated using Nitrogen (N2) gas. When measuring gasses other than Nitrogen/Air, accurate correction must be made for the difference in thermal conductivity between nitrogen and the gas in use, particularly at pressures above 1 Torr. DO NOT USE for explosive, corrosive or toxic gasses.