Vacuum Pump Control System (PCS) Model
3621 for 3 Pump, 6 Valve, 2 Pressure Gauge
System, HD, Remote Ready
PCS (Pump Control System)
The Ideal Vacuum Pump Control System
(PCS) is a Family of twelve (12)
custom switchboxes designed to consolidate vital vacuum system
(pumps, valves, and pressure gauges) at a single location. PCS
Models are available for a for a wide variety of vacuum
systems, from simple to more complex.
The PCS Family consists of three Series: 1,2 and 3, which correspond to
the number of pumps that the system can handle. Within each Series we
offer multiple Models with increasingly more capabilities.
are rated for up to 5.5kW
Heavy Duty (HD) Models
are rated for up to 11kW
(15hp) PER PUMP
Our more advanced PCS Models incorporate a PLC (Programmable Logic
Control) and one (1) or two (2) Granville-Philips Convectron®
Pressure gauges for use in
vacuum systems where increased
system feedback, management and automation is desired.
Models incorporating a
PLC are “Remote Ready”. Control of a PLC equipped PCS can be via our
Satellite Unit (TSU-1)
or by standard RS-232 serial
communication to a User’s computer.
All PCS Models are built-to-order (BTO). We offer Custom
Engineering on PLC equipped Models to implement your specific
system automation requirements.
contact our in-house Systems Engineering Team at (505) 872-0037 to help
you design your complete Ideal Vacuum System.
All Ideal Vacuum Pump Control Systems (PCS) Include these
- On/Off Control of One, Two, or Three pumps
- Customer Selectable Input Power Requirement:
- 208-240VAC, 50/60Hz, Single/3 Phase
- 380-480VAC,50/60Hz, 3 Phase
- (All Pump Motors in the System must have the
same Input Voltage and Phases)
- Main Power Disconnect with Integrated ON/OFF/Emergency Stop
- SYSTEM POWER On/Off Indicator Lamp
- Console Controls are Low Voltage (24VDC) for Operator Safety
- Illuminated Switches Show Pump and Valve States
- Series 2 and Series 3 Systems have Safety Interlocks which
pumps from being turned on in the wrong order
- FAULT Indicator Lamp: User defined, for over temperature,
water flow interruption, etc.
PCS Model 3621 Specifications:
- On/Off Control of 3 Large Pumps either locally on PCS
or Remotely (e.g., roughing pump with
dual blowers, blower package with backing pump, parallel pumps...)
- On/Off Control of 6 Valves either locally on PCS
Enclosure or Remotely (e.g., roughing, backing, foreline, vent, gate,
injection lines... )
Two Convectron Pressure Gauges (e.g., on chamber and roughing line)
are time-interlocked (sequenced) so that pumps can not be turned on
out-of-order. This allows a multi-pump system to obtain optimum
pressure most efficiently. It is also a safety feature which protects
pumps from possible damage.
- Onboard PLC allows for Remote Control via TSU-1
(Touchscreen Control Unit)
or RS-232 communication with remote computer. Remote TSU-1 or User’s
computer can turn the system on and off, turn pumps on and off, open
and close valves, and display gauge pressures.
- Ideal Vacuum
Custom Software Engineering is available for this Model to implement
your specific automation requirements
PCS units (with onboard PLC’s) can be accessed and controlled from a
single remote computer (e.g., for multiple pumps and a single
multiple similar vacuum systems running simultaneously)
- Safety Audible Alarm sounds on PCS when any changes are
Duty (HD) Rated - up to 11kW (15hp) per Pump