These chemical resistant series CommandValves are equipped with Kalrez O-rings which deliver outstanding performance in aggressive process environments and can withstand attack from more than 1,800 chemicals, solvents, and plasmas. Kalrez O-rings exhibit minimal chemically induced swelling, which can cause O-rings and sealing components made of other elastomers to extrude out of seal grooves, resulting in seal failures.
These chemical resistant series CommandValves work well in many vacuum applications where solvent vapors may be present in the vacuum system. However, we DO NOT
recommend using our CommandValves in applications which contain TOXIC CEMICALS!
The reason is, our butterfly valves are not hermetically sealed, they include O-rings on the valve stem. Even though, our CommandValves design has been laboratory proven to withstand pressures as high as 150 PSI without leaking, the stem O-ring seals are a potential weak point of the design, they could start to leak when process containments deposit on the shaft.
Our Ideal Vacuum CommandValve smart butterfly valves are the perfect solution for vacuum system automation and control, as they can easily be computer controlled through their USB-mini port connector. Windows OS users have the option to use our Ideal Vacuum DirectVac software shipped with the CommandValve. See DirectVac Software Screenshot Below.
The CommandValve can be operated in the following ways:
- Locally using the push buttons on the CommandValve.
- Remotely using our provided DirectVac software (Windows operating system only, see above).
- User written software to remotely control the CommandValve using the USB virtual serial interface (for Windows, Mac, or Linux operating systems). We have provided sample code for VB.net, C, National Instruments LabVIEW, and Python languages in our Code Examples section below.
Our CommandValve Smart Butterfly Valves give the user the power of control for applications requiring automation, remote valve placement, and precision throttling. These smart butterfly valves allow for open, closed, or partially open operation (usersí program can select any angle between, fully open and completely closed). In the figure below, a CommandValve is used to control the flow of chamber gases in Roughing, Backing, and High Vacuum applications.
Our Ideal Vacuum CommandValve Smart Butterfly Valves are reliable, have a typical valve life of over 30,000 cycles. These Ideal Vacuum Products CommandValve Smart Butterfly valves are designed to have a low leak rate, typically on the order of 1x10-9 std. cc/sec. helium. These butterfly valves have an KF 25 NW 25 Vacuum flange for connection to the vacuum system, are manually or computer operated, are made of Stainless Steel and are manufactured in the USA.
Included in your order of our electric driven CommandValve are the following items:
- Ideal Vacuum CommandValve
- AC/DC Wall Plug Mount (100-240 VAC, 50/60 Hz) to (12 VDC, 1 Amp) power supply adapter (P108978).
- USB-A to USB-B mini cable (P108977).
- USB drive which contains a copy of the CommandValve application software, userís manual, sample system integration code for program languages (VB.net, C, LabView, and Python), for use with Windows PC, Mac, and Linux operating systems.