| Ideal Vacuum Delta-P Anti-Suckback System Protection Valve
with NW KF-16 Flanges, 220VAC Solenoid
The Delta-P Valve (DPV) is an important component of any roughing or high vacuum system. The DPV provides anti-suckback and vacuum system isolation from the mechanical backing pump during a power outage. It prevents backstreaming and the migration of contaminants (e.g., rotary pump oil or scroll pump tip seal particles) into the vacuum system. It also protects a high vacuum pump (turbo) from damage.
- Preserves chamber vacuum pressure during power outages
- Closes automatically (approx. 25 ms) upon power interruption
- Automatically re-opens when vacuum is restored
- Requires no additional power source or gasses to operate
- Operates on differential pressure between ambient atmosphere and roughing pumpís vacuum level
- Isolates high vacuum pump and/or vacuum chamber system from mechanical pump
- Prevents backstreaming and migration of oil or particulate contaminants into the vacuum system
- Mounts directly on the inlet side of the mechanical roughing pump
- Very compact - 3-inches in diameter and 4-1/4Ē in length (5Ē with KF50 flange ends)
- Works in any orientation: vertical, horizontal, or inverted
- Available flange connection sizes: NW KF10, KF16, KF25, KF40, KF50
- Non-restrictive flow for flange sizes smaller than KF-50
- Solenoid voltage options: 110VAC, 220VAC or 24VDC
- Constructed entirely of vacuum compatible materials in the U.S.A.
- Mean Time Between Failure (MTBF) rating of more than 10,000 cycles
- Every Valve is leak tested to 1x10-8 atm cc/sec Helium before delivery
- Use with clean, dry, air only
The Delta-P Valve operates on the Differential (Delta) Pressure (P) between ambient atmosphere and the roughing/backing pumpís vacuum level. During a power failure, the mechanical pump is vented to atmosphere from its inlet flange which pushes debris towards the mechanical pump. This stops undesirable material from being swept into the system when the pump restarts.
The DPV is a compact, inline unit which mounts directly on the inlet side of the mechanical pump. It is available with either KF-10, KF-16, KF-25, KF-40, or KF-50 vacuum flanges (same flange on both ends) and solenoid voltages of 120 VAC, 220 VAC or 24 VDC. We can supply the DPV in a custom configuration with different flanges on either end to fit your application requirements for no additional cost (please inquire).
DPV closure speed is approximately 25 ms, faster than any other isolation valve available. This is due to the reduced moving mass of our advanced piston design. Flow is unrestricted with flange sizes smaller than KF-50. A slight reduction in conductance may be experienced with pumps that have a high pumping speed and KF-50 inlet flange. The DPV can be mounted in any orientation; vertical, horizontal, or inverted.
All parts that make up the DPV have been carefully selected for vacuum system compatibility and longevity. To ensure the Delta-P Valve you receive is of the highest quality, all production and assembly is done in our own manufacturing facility in Albuquerque, NM, U.S.A. Furthermore, every Delta-P Valve is helium leak tested and must meet our stringent quality control standards before it leaves our facility. Upon delivery, your Delta-P Valve is ready for immediate installation into a new or existing system.
The Delta-P Valve is intended for use with clean, dry air only.